Restaurants are always concerned about the taste of their food. They leave no stone unturned to provide the most delicious food to their potential customers. However, another thing that is important for a restaurant business to keep in mind is food safety. Good food hygiene in a restaurant should never be overlooked. Being aware of the food hygiene regulations and meeting the food safety standards, is very much essential. Though meeting the food standards has always been an essential aspect of every restaurant business, post covid it has become inevitable. The restaurants are expected to uphold even more rigorous sanitation standards and be transparent with their customers.
Let us learn how restaurant businesses can maintain food safety and serve the most hygienic food to their customers:
- Practicing proper surface sanitation – This is one of the most common practices that every restaurant business should follow. The countertop and the chopping boards are a huge part of the food preparation process. If you are handling any type of food on any surface, it is very important to ensure that the surfaces are properly cleaned before and after to maintain proper hygiene.
- Washing hands frequently – It is always recommended to wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds before and after food prep and use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Properly cleaning food before cooking – It is not merely the surface and the equipment that requires cleaning, but also the items that are required to be washed and rinsed before using them.
- Label food names and best-before dates – There might be countless food items coming in and out of your kitchen, but tracking the best-before dates of every item is essential so that you do not serve ingredients that are past their prime. Moreover, it is important to label different ingredients as some might resemble each other in appearance.
- Storing food at the right temperature – Temperature control ensures safety from food borne illness. Thus, it is essential to keep a check on the temperatures at which every food item or raw material is to be stored.
- Maintaining restaurant equipment – With daily and rigorous use, the equipment shows signs of wear and tear, and this calls for replacement or maintenance. Thus, make sure your equipment is well taken care of.
Your diners deserve hygienic food, so give your diners assurances that your operation follows every precaution to ensure restaurant food safety standards. Maintaining good food hygiene ensures that food prepared for customers is safe to eat. It prevents any harmful microorganisms that can cause serious illness. And above all, it protects the reputation of your restaurant business.
Other than the food, there are a lot of factors that are to be considered by every business when carrying out daily operations, and as Restaurant Consultants, we can help businesses with all restaurant-related queries and concerns. You can reach out to our seasoned experts at 1-647-209-4153, or visit our website i.e., https://erestaurantconsulting.ca/ for any further information.